Love Is in the Air
February. It’s the shortest month, but it has a lot going on: the Super Bowl; Groundhog Day; Mardi Gras; President’s Day; it’s Black History Month, American Heart Month, AND National Children’s Dental Health Month; it’s the most significant month in a Leap Year. Oh yeah, it also has Valentine’s Day — when Americans spend billions of dollars on cards and gifts for loved ones, millions of people “pop the question,” and it’s almost impossible to walk into a restaurant without a reservation. Yes, February’s biggest day is all about feeling the love, so we think it’s a great time to show yourself some love, too.
Show You How Much You Care
Think about your daily and weekly routines and consider how much they revolve around others. You probably spend a lot of time and energy making sure your bills, home, family, pets, coworkers, neighbors, and friends are all taken care of. You’re killing it! But are you taking care of YOU?
If you want to keep your life running like a well-oiled machine, you have to be there to run it. Show yourself and your loved ones how much you care by tending to your own well-being this February:
- Get your flu shot
- Plan your annual cancer screenings and preventative appointments
- Schedule an appointment with yourself for some non-negotiable downtime
- Make sleep a priority
- Spend at least an hour a week doing something you’re passionate about
Even if you only follow this plan for the short, little month of February, we think you’ll notice a difference in how you feel both physically and emotionally — and that’s a priceless gift.
Recommit to Your Skin
Sometimes, it can be hard to keep the excitement alive in a long-term relationship. And what relationship will you have that’s longer than the one with your own skin? Revamping your routine could be just what you and your skin need to rediscover that glow.
- Get professional help: Annual appointments with a dermatologist are key to having a healthy relationship with your epidermis. These visits give you an opportunity to ask questions about changes in your skin due to aging or environmental influences, understand how your overall health and stress levels affect your skin, and screen for early signs of cancer.
- Evaluate ingredients: Skincare technology and products are continually evolving. Similarly, our skin changes dramatically throughout our lives. So, if you’ve been using the same products for several years, it might be time to see what’s happening with the market and with your skin. Educate yourself on what you should expect from your skin at your specific age, and what products are available to best manage changes and complications.
We’re passionate about skincare. Let us help you fall in love with the skin you’re in — call our caring Derick Dermatology professionals in Arlington Heights, Barrington, Bartlett, Buffalo Grove, Crystal Lake, Elgin, Libertyville, Lindenhurst, McHenry, Park Ridge, Naperville and Oak Brook.
DERMATOLOGY NEAR ME
Derick Dermatology is a leading authority in medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatological services with 12 stunning Chicagoland dermatology locations. Our dedicated dermatologists offer exceptional dermatological services for both adult and pediatric patients. Please complete our online form or call our main number at (847) 381-8899 to schedule a consultation.