Ever wonder what it’d be like to receive skin care from the experts? Skincare doesn’t have to be complicated, expensive, or take a great deal of time. Follow Derick Dermatology’s tips for a lifetime of beautiful skin:
- Cleanse your face morning and night. Apply the mildest product that works for your skin type, with clean hands; no washcloth (they can harbor germs and bacteria), and no harsh scrubbing. Rinse with warm, not hot water.
- Use a mild toner on a cotton pad to remove excess oil and dead skin cells.
- Smooth a little acne medication on troublesome areas, if needed. If you do get a pimple, don’t pick or squeeze it.
- Follow with a light, oil-free moisturizer. Don’t forget to use sun protection every day! If you don’t want this extra step, purchase a moisturizer that includes SPF.
- Shower and wash your hair daily.
- Consider lifestyle and environmental factors that may have a detrimental effect on your skin – avoid smoking and sun (or tanning bed) exposure; eat a healthy diet, drink lots of water, and get regular exercise.
- See your dermatologist with questions.
Request a Consultation today!
A call to your dermatologist is a great place to start designing an easy, customized plan to nurture radiant skin. The professionals at Derick Dermatology, located in Arlington Heights, Barrington, Bartlett, Buffalo Grove, Crystal Lake, Elgin, McHenry and Park Ridge, will examine your skin and incorporate your personal goals to create an individualized program to suit your needs.
Call us today at (847) 381-8899 to request your free cosmetic consultation. We look forward to partnering with you to bring you not only healthy, beautiful skin, but also peace of mind.